I figured it's been a few days since the last update so I would update again. Ethan took his first bath in his bath tub on Wednesday. I have some pictures from that, but I haven't had the time to get them on the computer yet. He did better than I thought he would. He actually lasted a few minutes in the tub before he started crying. He calmed down as I got towards the end of his bath and was perfectly happy once he was in his warm towel and snuggling with mommy!
Nursing is going better too. That makes me very happy. He's starting to be able to nurse more often on his own. I will say though, that Mr. Ethan has some strength to him! He can move those arms and legs and it poses a challenge while nursing sometimes! But, knowing that he's learning how to nurse better is a relief to me. I'll be very interested in seeing his weight gain. I think I might try to go to a nursing support group this coming Monday at the hospital he was born at just for some additional support and I know they have scales there so you can weigh your baby. I think that is one of my biggest concerns is that he is getting enough to eat. So, we'll see.
Yesterday and last night were rough for us. I think Ethan's tummy was bothering him and that contributed to his fussiness. He's been nursing about every 3 hours since he's been home with us and mostly I would have to wake him up to nurse. But, yesterday it seemed like he was up a good majority of the day. He napped every once and awhile, but it didn't seem like he napped enough. He wanted to nurse about every 2 hours and just didn't seem very content. Last night he didn't want to go to sleep after he nursed. Well, that's been a new thing for him. Usually, he might stay up for about 30 minutes after nursing and then would dose off to sleep. But, lately he's been wanting to stay up for a lot longer than that and he has been fighting going to sleep. So, needless to say that means less time for sleep for us. I am running on a few hours of sleep right now and waiting for him to fall asleep so I can take a nap as well.
Being new parents is definitely a challenge, but parenthood is very rewarding as well. I love to watch Ethan when he makes those cute smiles and grins. I love it when he looks into my eyes and I can see my own reflection in his. I love being his mommy!
Well, that is a quick update. I think he has fallen asleep in his swing so I am going to take a nap myself. We will post more later!
Nursing is going better too. That makes me very happy. He's starting to be able to nurse more often on his own. I will say though, that Mr. Ethan has some strength to him! He can move those arms and legs and it poses a challenge while nursing sometimes! But, knowing that he's learning how to nurse better is a relief to me. I'll be very interested in seeing his weight gain. I think I might try to go to a nursing support group this coming Monday at the hospital he was born at just for some additional support and I know they have scales there so you can weigh your baby. I think that is one of my biggest concerns is that he is getting enough to eat. So, we'll see.
Yesterday and last night were rough for us. I think Ethan's tummy was bothering him and that contributed to his fussiness. He's been nursing about every 3 hours since he's been home with us and mostly I would have to wake him up to nurse. But, yesterday it seemed like he was up a good majority of the day. He napped every once and awhile, but it didn't seem like he napped enough. He wanted to nurse about every 2 hours and just didn't seem very content. Last night he didn't want to go to sleep after he nursed. Well, that's been a new thing for him. Usually, he might stay up for about 30 minutes after nursing and then would dose off to sleep. But, lately he's been wanting to stay up for a lot longer than that and he has been fighting going to sleep. So, needless to say that means less time for sleep for us. I am running on a few hours of sleep right now and waiting for him to fall asleep so I can take a nap as well.
Being new parents is definitely a challenge, but parenthood is very rewarding as well. I love to watch Ethan when he makes those cute smiles and grins. I love it when he looks into my eyes and I can see my own reflection in his. I love being his mommy!
Well, that is a quick update. I think he has fallen asleep in his swing so I am going to take a nap myself. We will post more later!
No comments:
Post a Comment