It's been a while since we've been able to get on here to update. Ethan has been...well...lets just say he is somewhat demanding of our time. I refer to Ethan as "my little mystery". I can't figure him out. It seems like it is something new every day. I'm not sure exactly what it is that bothers him, but he has his moments of fussiness and crying in which he is hard to console. We're beginning to think he's got some bad tummy aches and gas. He will wake up from a good sleep and just start crying and, with some soothing from us, will eventually go back to sleep. He seems to be in pain sometimes. So, we're trying to figure out if it's just gas or if he is dealing with something else that is making him less than happy. Needless to say, his parents are suffering from a bit of sleep deprivation!
Ethan will not sleep on his back anymore. He will only sleep on his tummy. So, in order to get any sleep whatsoever, we are putting him on his belly. But...due to gas or whatever else it is, he will wake up after a short period of time and fuss a bit. He does really well sleeping in someones arms or on mine or Keith's chest. But...forget sleeping on his back in his crib. He did it when we brought him home in the beginning, but has developed more of a dislike of it as time has gone on.
He's still struggling with nursing. Yesterday he was a champ about it. He was nursing really well, but today...well, it's like he forgot how to do it! So, we've had to give him a bottle.
He has another appointment with his pediatrician on Friday, so we'll see what she says about everything that he has been experiencing.
I promise I'll get some pictures up here within the next few days. With being so busy with Ethan, there hasn't been much time to take pictures.
1 comment:
Hey Renee--Hang in there!! I know the early weeks are so tough, you love the baby so much, but you just want him/her to sleep and be happy. It gets better, I promise. Your body will adjust to the lack of sleep and just when you think you can't do it anymore he will sleep a longer strech for you. Call me or email me if you want!
PS Ethan is adorable!
Stephanie
Post a Comment