Ethan had a follow up appointment to the pediatrician on Friday, August 3rd, to check his weight. And, he has gained 5 oz from the previous week. So, that was good news. He weighed in at 6lbs and 13 and 1/2 oz this time. So, the doc was pleased with his weight gain and just encouraged me to continue feeding him as I have been. His next appointment is Friday, August 24th for his 1 mo. well child check. So, that was good news to Keith and I. We're noticing that he is filling out ever so slightly. His cheeks are getting a little chubbier and squeezable! He still doesn't fit into many of his 0-3 mo clothes at this time. He's got some growing to do!
Ethan continues to have his periods of time when he is alert and happy. And, of course he has his times when he is just crying and hard to console. He tends to get fussy in the early morning hours around 2:00 or so. And this just so happens to be the time that daddy watches his son so mommy can get some sleep. I hope that, over time, he will be able to calm down during that time. For the most part though, unless his tummy hurts, he is a pretty content little man!
Ethan finally lost his umbilical cord stump last night and now Keith and I get to enjoy seeing that cute little belly button of Ethan's!
Well, that's it for now. I'm sure we will post again soon with some more pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment