Saturday, May 05, 2007

Well, everyone, we made it to the third trimester! That deserves some celebration!!!
Clapping Hands
It's amazing how quickly these past 27 weeks have gone! Here were are at 28 weeks of pregnancy and preparing ourselves for the upcoming birth of our baby!

Keith and I started our childbirth preparation classes this week. The reality of the upcoming birth of our baby is really starting to sink in. So far we've learned one breathing technique, got some questions answered about the hospital that we will be delivering William in, got some knowledge about what happens to a woman's body as her pregnancy progresses and how to know when you're in labor. We have 3 more weeks of classes and I'm sure they are going to be full of helpful information to prepare us for this next step! I will admit...I'm a little scared as I'm sure most women are when it comes to delivering a baby. But, I am very excited about meeting our baby!

Baby William has been moving around a lot more! I think I'm starting to sense a little bit of a pattern to when he's the most active and when he's asleep. I love feeling him move, but I'm still trying to figure out what is a good kick, a punch or a hiccup! Regardless, I enjoy it no matter what it is! There have been a few times when he startles me with a really good wack!!!! And he must be somewhat stubborn because any time I put Keith's hand on my belly when the baby is kicking or moving around he gets quiet! Keith has yet to feel a really definite bit of movement.

I know I mentioned in my last post that it has been a year now since the loss of our second child. Last year, after my miscarriage, my mom helped me plant two identical flowers in the front of the house to represent my two angel babies. Well, just a few days ago they decided to bloom! Every time I look out the window at the flowers I get a mix of happy and sad emotions. And I feel so blessed and thankful for this baby that we have now.

I have an upcoming visit with my doctor this Friday, May 11th, for another check up and for the gestational diabetes test. Let's hope that all goes well!! We will keep you all updated!

No comments: