It's hard to believe that Ethan is almost 6 weeks old already! he's changed so much since the day he was born. He had a doctor's appointment on the 23rd of August and he weighed in at 9lbs and 1oz!!!! He was 22 inches long as well. So, he's growing up and out! The doctor was pleased with his weight gain. He goes back to the doctor on the 21st of September. He's finally starting to fill out some of his onesies! I'm sure it won't be long before I reminisce about how tiny he used to be!
Well...I can't remember what all I've updated in past posts so if anything is repeated...just blame it on sleep deprivation! : ) Ethan is now solely taking bottles. He decided that he did not want to nurse anymore. So, I've been pumping and he's been getting bottles of milk and sometimes bottles of formula. Since we decided to switch to bottles, he has been much more content. We were having periods of time that he would cry and cry and cry. I think that either he wasn't getting enough from me or, since he wasn't latching on properly, he might have been getting too much air while feeding and that couldn't have made him feel too comfortable! So, he's doing better now that he is on bottles. He's starting to sleep a bit more, but has decided that he does not enjoy sleeping on his belly so we are having to be creative. He's gradually getting on a schedule of napping and waking up to eat about every 3 hours.
I have one more week off of work and then I have to go back. I go back on September 10th. I know I'm going to have a hard time. I am a family oriented individual and will have a hard time being separated from Ethan and trusting another individual to care for him while I'm at work. We think we've found a day care about 15 minutes from our house. So...that first day dropping him off at his day care will be a difficult one for me. I wish I could stay home with him, but that is not a realistic option for Keith and I.
So, things are going a bit better here in the Manship household! Keith and I are becoming more comfortable with being parents. We're glad that Ethan is doing a bit better. He's still a baby though...and there are still those times of crying and fussing. He is such a strong little boy as well! I refer to him as my wiggle worm. There are times that he is just moving around like crazy! I'm surprised that I didn't feel him more while I was pg! He is gaining a lot of strength and loves to use his arms and legs!!
Well, that's it for now. We will try to keep you updated with things as much as possible! Here's a picture of Ethan after his bath the other day...all snug and bundled!!
No comments:
Post a Comment