Not much longer now...Actually I'm 35 weeks today and interestingly enough, as of today, I have 35 days until my actual due date. I saw my doctor yesterday and everything was looking good. The baby's heart rate yesterday was 138, which is lower than what it usually is. So, I imagine the baby was taking a nap at the time of my appointment. From here on out I will see a doctor weekly and start getting those internal checks. Next time I see the doctor they are going to do a test called Group B streptococcus (GBS) which tests for a type of bacteria that 10-30% of pregnant women have that can be passed along to the baby. If the test comes back positive I would receive antibiotics before and while in labor to prevent the spread of the bacteria to the baby. So...I have that to look forward to at the next appointment.
I believe the baby has dropped some. The doctor said it's all relative and it doesn't necessarily mean much outside of the fact that the baby is getting into the best position for labor. I've had a few people tell me that it looks like I've dropped and I have been experiencing a few minor things since the cramping incident last week. I find it more difficult to get comfortable and I can tell the baby is pushing on the bladder a lot more! : ) So, at least I know he's doing what he is supposed to do...He's head down and gradually getting into position for labor! Other than that I have the usual fatigue and find myself needing to take naps during the day when I have the opportunity.
I'm getting more and more excited as the due date approaches and, of course, more and more nervous as it approaches too! As always...we'll keep you up to date with any new information!
I believe the baby has dropped some. The doctor said it's all relative and it doesn't necessarily mean much outside of the fact that the baby is getting into the best position for labor. I've had a few people tell me that it looks like I've dropped and I have been experiencing a few minor things since the cramping incident last week. I find it more difficult to get comfortable and I can tell the baby is pushing on the bladder a lot more! : ) So, at least I know he's doing what he is supposed to do...He's head down and gradually getting into position for labor! Other than that I have the usual fatigue and find myself needing to take naps during the day when I have the opportunity.
I'm getting more and more excited as the due date approaches and, of course, more and more nervous as it approaches too! As always...we'll keep you up to date with any new information!
No comments:
Post a Comment