Saturday, April 14, 2007

Well, I had my doctor's appointment yesterday. I've seen a lot of different OB's since I've been pregnant. There are at least 5 or 6 of them that work in the office I go to and any one of them could be the the doctor delivering the baby so the office encourages patients to meet every one of them. So, that has been interesting. I met with a different doctor yesterday that was about ready to have a baby herself! But, she said that the baby was measuring well, the heart beat was strong, and everything looked good. She didn't have any concerns. The next appointment I go to I will get screened for gestational diabetes and anemia. So...all is well and I love to hear that!

Keith and I have already started receiving baby gifts and it makes the fact that we are going to be parents all that much more real. I wanted to say thanks to Kim (she is a friend of my mother and father in law). She made a beautiful baby blanket.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Thank you so much Kim! The colors are wonderful and it is very soft! We also got a mobile for our crib and some baby booties from one of Keith's best friend's, Kyle, and his girlfriend Chelsea (Thanks!). And my parents got Keith and I a crib for our little baby boy! We haven't put it together yet since we want to paint the nursery first, but here is a picture of what it will look like once it is put up.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It is a convertible crib that will convert to a toddler bed and then a head and footboard. We decided to keep the nursery colors fairly simple. We are using a sage green and then 3 shades of blue for the main colors of the room. There isn't really a theme to the nursery. So, thanks to all that have made this pregnancy so special for us. We appreciate the hand me downs and appreciate the new gifts for the baby. We plan on starting the process of painting the nursery within the next few weeks since July will be here before we know it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow feature photo...lol....
You are very welcome, I enjoy make them. Yours was the fifth one in the last nine months. I quit during the summer...gets way to hot with it on my lap. I'll be making mittens now...I have some left over yarn from the blanket so you make get mittens too...lol!!
Kim