Well, let the stress of pregnancy begin! I feel a little bit more relaxed right now, but last night and this morning I was feeling a bit worried and stressed out.
Last night I started having some pains. I told myself that they were normal and not to get worked up about it, but of course I can’t get out of my head the possibility that this pregnancy might not last. On top of the pains, I had horrible dreams last night too. One of those dreams involved me loosing all of my pregnancy symptoms and in my dream I was preparing myself for the worst. Well, of course I woke up this morning and didn’t feel much of any of the symptoms I have been feeling for the past few days. So, immediately I start stressing about it thinking that I have lost the baby already. So, I call my OB’s office and speak with the nurse about my concerns. She reassures me that the pain I’m feeling is perfectly normal and agreed to let me take another hCG test to make sure that my pregnancy hormones are rising. I will have the bloodwork done tomorrow morning and probably won’t hear anything until Thursday sometime. Hopefully that will settle my nerves. I just find it so hard to enjoy this pregnancy because of my history of miscarriages. Every twinge of pain or anything out of the ordinary gets me thinking about this pregnancy and if this little one is really going to make it.
I hope and pray that next Friday I will be able to see that tiny little heartbeat
on the ultrasound! The heartbeat is usually detected by the end of the 6th week and I should be about 6 weeks and 6 days along by next Friday. That is such an amazing thing to see that little dot on the screen that is the heart! It looks like a tiny little light bulb just blinking away!
Last night I started having some pains. I told myself that they were normal and not to get worked up about it, but of course I can’t get out of my head the possibility that this pregnancy might not last. On top of the pains, I had horrible dreams last night too. One of those dreams involved me loosing all of my pregnancy symptoms and in my dream I was preparing myself for the worst. Well, of course I woke up this morning and didn’t feel much of any of the symptoms I have been feeling for the past few days. So, immediately I start stressing about it thinking that I have lost the baby already. So, I call my OB’s office and speak with the nurse about my concerns. She reassures me that the pain I’m feeling is perfectly normal and agreed to let me take another hCG test to make sure that my pregnancy hormones are rising. I will have the bloodwork done tomorrow morning and probably won’t hear anything until Thursday sometime. Hopefully that will settle my nerves. I just find it so hard to enjoy this pregnancy because of my history of miscarriages. Every twinge of pain or anything out of the ordinary gets me thinking about this pregnancy and if this little one is really going to make it.I hope and pray that next Friday I will be able to see that tiny little heartbeat
on the ultrasound! The heartbeat is usually detected by the end of the 6th week and I should be about 6 weeks and 6 days along by next Friday. That is such an amazing thing to see that little dot on the screen that is the heart! It looks like a tiny little light bulb just blinking away!
No comments:
Post a Comment