Well, by now most of you know that Keith and I are expecting! Such an exciting, yet worrisome time for us. So far I've gotten two lab results done. The lab tests that I've taken thus far were those measuring hCG and progesterone levels. For some reproductive education, since I feel like such a professional at this now, the hCG levels in a woman's blood should double every 48 hours so the docs test that level to ensure that the embryo is thriving as it should. The first one lab result indicated that I needed a progesterone supplement since my progesterone levles were a bit on the low end. So, I've been using those since the 20th of November and will continue to take them until I am out of my first trimester. I got my results back from the second labs last week and as of Tuesday, Nov. 21st, all was looking good.
Now Keith and I just have to have faith that all will continue to go well! This is the hard part, waiting and believing! I'm having good feelings about this pregnancy so far. I'm glad the doctors put me on progesterone supplements. That could have been the reason for the last 2 miscarriages since that is the hormone necessary for pregnancies to sustain. So, at least I know that my embryo is getting all of the necessary hormones this time around! Been having some pregnancy symptoms, but nothing severe and some days the symptoms are more noticeable than others. Keith and I have our first ultrasound on the 8th of December and will be meeting my OB to discuss this pregnancy. So, we are really looking forward to that! We won't be able to see much since the embryo is very tiny at the moment, but the technician will be able to see if the growth is congruent with how far along I am and be able to tell if the heart is beating. Let's hope so! We'll keep you updated as we go along!
Now Keith and I just have to have faith that all will continue to go well! This is the hard part, waiting and believing! I'm having good feelings about this pregnancy so far. I'm glad the doctors put me on progesterone supplements. That could have been the reason for the last 2 miscarriages since that is the hormone necessary for pregnancies to sustain. So, at least I know that my embryo is getting all of the necessary hormones this time around! Been having some pregnancy symptoms, but nothing severe and some days the symptoms are more noticeable than others. Keith and I have our first ultrasound on the 8th of December and will be meeting my OB to discuss this pregnancy. So, we are really looking forward to that! We won't be able to see much since the embryo is very tiny at the moment, but the technician will be able to see if the growth is congruent with how far along I am and be able to tell if the heart is beating. Let's hope so! We'll keep you updated as we go along!
No comments:
Post a Comment